The Alexandria Church of God congregation was first started in the home of Louise and Paul Haas as a Sunday School in 1901. Three ministers from Marion with the Church of God Movement took turns holding services in the Haas' home. The current location was acquired in 1916, but the building was destroyed by fire December 16, 1928. The current sanctuary was finished in 1930 with one building addition being added in 1961, and a second addition added in 1975.
This was the original sanctuary purchased from the Methodist Church in 1916. This sanctuary was destroyed in a fire December 16, 1928.
In 1929, the cornerstone was laid on the new sanctuary, and in the cornerstone were placed names of church members, important papers and a Bible. In March 1930, the new building was dedicated and the debt paid off by 1942.
Two more additions were made to the original sanctuary. The first in 1961, and the second in 1975. The first addition added offices, classrooms and a fellowship hall. The second addition added 3 levels of classrooms.
We are grateful for the work and sacrifice of hundreds of families before us who have laid a great foundation for us to build on as we work together to accomplish the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
subscribe to our mailing list
ALEXANDRIA CHURCH OF GOD 302 N. West St. Alexandria, IN 46001 765-724-4540